Monday, September 13, 2010

Urban Home Goods Swap

My partner for the Urban Home Goods Swap said she has mainly vintage items in her home and that she doesn't like pink. So, this fabric from Tanya Whelans Darla collection came to mind. I had bought some of it months ago because I fell in love with this fabric line and of course I had no plans for it but, knew if I loved it I would come up with a project to use it. :)

I mailed the items to my partner yesterday and I really hope she likes it. I made her a pillow made of half square triangles (HST's) which I just love to use and of course the green pom pom fringe is a favorite. Love me some pom pom fringe!

She also said she would like a bunting so I did a coordinating bunting using this tutorial. http://http://sewmamasew.com/blog2/?p=1556 It was so easy peasy and I think it turned out cute.

Another thing she had on her wish list was embroidery hoop art. I have been wanting to try more embroidery so I that originally that I embroider something but I had just gotten through paper piecing a circle of geese block and thought man that would look so cool in a hoop. I painted the hoop to coordinate and I am really pleased with how it turned out.

Now I can't wait to see who my partner was and what she sewed for ME...so fun!











0 comments:

Labels

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP