Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas Decorations!

Well one of my favorite blogs to read is "the nester" and she is having a show off your garland day today. So here is a picture of our fireplace all decked out for Christmas.

For the garland I used 3 different garlands....all but one I already had. One was the red berry garland, 1 really cheap one from the dollar store and then I had a garland that had pinecones and lights already in it. I laid them out on the floor and every few branches twisted them together to form one big garland (thanks Nester for the how to guide!) Then I stuck in some eucalyptus and I really am proud of the final result and it looks great at night with the lights in it too.
I have always wanted a square wreath and well we live in the middle of nowhere so I decided I would have to take matters into my own hands. I had an old wreath that wasn't being used and decided to try and bend that regular old wreath into a square and make do. Well what do you know-it WORKED and I now have a square wreath and I am pretty happy with it. I suspended a letter "M" (our monogram) from it with ribbon and thats it. The stockings came from Cracker Barrell this year---aren't they cute?!?!

Well I hope you are having fun decorating this year too! Things have been crazy around here so I have decided to stick to only 1 1/2 trees this year! I have a small one in our foyer but I like to have one upstairs in our living room too. Oh well, next year maybe! Christmas is coming so fast!

14 comments:

Amy December 10, 2008 at 11:41 AM  

Your garland looks awesome! I love the red berries. I just saw some wreaths at Michaels super cheap today. I think I'm going to go back and buy some and copy your square wreath idea. I love it!

Denise K. December 10, 2008 at 12:14 PM  

Oh your garland, stockings, and tree look so festive and pretty! Love the fun polka dot stockings!!! Merry Christmas! :-)

Shelley @ My Treasure Hunt December 10, 2008 at 1:08 PM  

Very festive....great ideas to hang the stockings in front of the fireplace! I like that, using your mantle for garland and displaying the stockings, too. Very cute stockings, by the way!

CMB December 10, 2008 at 1:20 PM  

Found you through the blog party...everything looks wonderful, the stockings are adorable...I always forget what cute stuff Cracker Barrel has until we are travelling and stop at one!

Amber B. December 10, 2008 at 1:23 PM  

Love the stockings, love the ribbon around the tree, love that quilt, love the monogram on the wreath. It all looks beautiful and cheerful!

Jen December 10, 2008 at 2:22 PM  

Very beautiful and those stockings are adorable!

The Writer Chic December 10, 2008 at 3:24 PM  

I love all of it -- especially the CB stockings and the square wreath!

The Nester December 10, 2008 at 3:48 PM  

The "m" makes it all so cute and sassy!

Anonymous December 10, 2008 at 7:32 PM  

Your wreath is so cool and I love your stockings! You did a great job decorating!
Merry Christmas!
-Kim

Decor To Adore December 10, 2008 at 7:43 PM  

Oh I love your garland. It's so lush and pretty. Absolutely adorable!

The Style Sisters December 11, 2008 at 12:23 AM  

So very cute! I love the stockings they are precious.

This Little Hen December 11, 2008 at 8:40 PM  

Your decorations are gorgeous! I adore your tree topper! GREAT JOB!

Michelle December 12, 2008 at 1:47 PM  

this is my favorite decor that i've seen so far, LOVE IT!!!!

Michelle

Anonymous December 12, 2008 at 3:05 PM  

You did a GREAT job on your garland! It's beautiful! And that square wreath is perfect! Especially, with your monogram in the middle!

Labels

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP