NO SCHOOL + ICE = 1 FUN DAY! :)
It might seem weird but, when I put the boys to bed last night we prayed for ICE! :) We had heard the forecast and we really thought the idea of a day at home might be just what we need. It seems we all get busy this time of year. Tonight we were suppose to be in 2 places at the same time-(no joke!) Ben's preschool Christmas program and Will's band concert....both ended up being cancelled due to the weather.
The boys had just the best time sledding in the back yard. There was just enough ice to make it slick but not too fast. Ben was a pro at it after no time. He was funny riding all by himself AND steering-I couldn't believe it! Then figuring out how to pull the sled behind him back up the hill for another trip down. Drew was busy looking at the leaves and in one of the pictures you can see an ice leaf he found. Will was trying to figure out a route to go under the trampoline with his sled! :) Needless to say that didn't go too well! :)
At one point I went in to make them hot chocolate and I peaked out the window to check on them and I saw them all getting along (which is quite rare sometimes) and it just melted my heart. It was just what we needed to get us focused on Christmas...a break from the hustle and bustle and to get focused again on family. :) So if you had snow or ice today-I hope you took the time to slow down and enjoy the little things!
0 comments:
Post a Comment