Fall Decorations...
I have always loved decorating for fall It's one of my favorite times of the year. This year I have added some new things that I am pretty happy with...and since Kimba of A Soft Place to Land is hosting a Halloween Blog Party today I thought I would post some pictures for you. (please do excuse the quality-they were taken on my cell phone)
I am just learning to sew and LOVING it so I made this Halloween banner for our fireplace... Boo! :) If you have been putting off learning to sew but have always wanted to-please try it! I wish I had taken the time years ago. And it really is "sew" easy! :) lol!
This is a cute little chalk board that I sat on our table and added orange ribbon to along with some Dollar Tree pumpkins.
Another sewing project-I sewed up these little pumpkins. I got the idea from a fellow blogger, Nicole at our cozy nest. You can see a tutorial on her blog ourcozynest.blogspot.com . I need to add the stems to the 2 smaller ones but I am pretty happy with the end result.
Sorry this picture is so dark! The kids made corn husk dolls and I displayed them on our foyer table. I added orange and black ribbon and a little black crow. Oh and blocks that spell out Halloween. :)
This is our chandelier in our kitchen...I strung gum balls (that I got at Dollar General) through a needle and thread alternating black and orange and the kids thought it was the neatest thing ever! :)
This small metal garbage can came from Lowes and I added our initial with a black sharpie. Normally this sits outside and greets you at our back door but, when I went to take a picture our porch light is out! sorry!
So I hope you are enjoying the fall season as much as we are! It is one of my favorite times of the year! :) Soccer, great weather and nights by a camp fire...its what I long for!
11 comments:
I LOVE all of your Fall/Halloween decorations!! They are all great! I think I will have to put our monogram on a little bucket...LOVE that!
I love fall too! Loved all your decorations-so fun to see all the ideas...
I didn't know that you have been sewing! It all looks great!
Your decorations are great. I finally am almost finished at my house. I need to get my wreaths out, and that will be about it. Love your monogram bucket. Jackie
Your decorations are wonderful...very festive and inviting!
The chalkboard is a really cute idea. If I find one and put it on my table, I'll give you credit!! Like your blog!
I love your decorations! I love the garland and I really love that bucket of mums. I think I might have to steal that idea! Thanks! :)
Love the garland on the light fixture!
Love your decorations! I need to find some sweet stuff for Halloween decor like you did!
Cute Decorations! I have that same chalkboard and love it!
Hi Kendra! I can't believe I'm still working my way around to visit everyone.
Great post! I love your halloween decorations. Your monogrammed bucket is great!
Thanks for coming to my party!
Happy halloween,
Kimba
Post a Comment