Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Lily died unexpectedly...

Well one of our puppies died today unexpectedly. When I went into the bathroom this morning where they stay at night little Lily was lethargic but responsive. So, I immediately took her to the vet and they said her temperature was low and that they wanted to keep her. I called a couple of hours later to check on her and she had passed away. The vet said she had no idea why-but possibly a birth defect.

The boys are really sad because Lily was the puppy we were thinking about keeping. Drew started crying when we got home and said "I wonder what Lily is doing?...I remember when there was 4 and I don't like there being just 3 puppies!" Its just been a difficult and confusing few weeks for them.

On a good note-we have 2 of the puppies sold and another person is interested in the last one. It has been a good experience and I told the boys if we don't get to keep a puppy this time we will probably let Abby have puppies again next year and keep one then.

1 comments:

mary b. April 9, 2008 at 7:18 PM  

Hey Kendra, I'm really sorry about Lily, I know you guys love those puppies. I love how you layed everything out on this page. I think its a great way to express your feelings about your grandmother while helping others see what a wonderful person she was. I know you miss her and I know how that feels. It will be 3 yrs. this year since nana died and somedays it still overwelmes me so cherish the memories because they are what get you through.I love you girl! Mary Beth

p.s. Chandler is home and doing good!

Labels

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP