Sunday, April 20, 2008

Praising God for His Love and Comfort.......

I have been overwhelmed with how God is continually showing me how to get through my emptiness and lonliness from missing mammaw.....every day does get a little easier. Not that I don't miss her just as much as the day before but every day that passes I am more able to replace my tears with the great memories that we have had and I just hang on to them. I never realized how hard it would be to loose her and now I think how dumb was I?? Mammaw, aside from my mother, has been the closest woman to me throughout my life-she loved me so unconditionally and of course loosing her makes me feel like there is a huge hole in my heart right now.

When we were at the funeral home I saw a man come up that I didn't reccognize and he handed my mom a piece of paper. I was standing right behind her so she turned around and introduced me to this man (I can't remember his name now) and she explained to me that he was the person who had bought my grandmother's house in Jackson back in the fall. He went on to say he had found this piece of paper (see above) and it had information that mammaw had written on it about a quilt. It just happened to be the quilt that when we divided the quilts up several months back that I had gotten. So needless to say this piece of paper meant alot to me...to know the history of the quilt. It really hit me like a ton of bricks that maybe mam-maw wanted me to know this little bit of special history. I mean what were the chances of this man we barely knew finding this small piece of paper and going out of the way to get it to us?? Anyway-I really found comfort in this.

The Sunday after mammaws funeral we went to church and a friend came up and asked how I was doing and after I explained I was doing ok...She said you just have to take it one day at a time. I said oh my goodness-you have no idea what those words mean to me! That was mammaws motto and she constantly said that.Could it just be a coincidence??? Yes it could...but, I like to look at it as mammaw still trying to have her say so :) or even maybe God trying to give me some comfort. Its like the Miley Cyrus song that has meant so much to me says...I miss you, I miss you smile and I still shed a tear every once in a while. And even though its different now, you're still here some how!

The picture was Mammaw talking to Will this past Christmas. She always got so animated and just lit up when she would talk to the kids. Sometimes when I couldn't get her to do what I needed her to do, I would get Will to talk to her and somehow he could talk her into going down to the dining room to eat or whatever we might need her to do.

Will took this picture of our hands. He did that picture at the end of February as a 4-H project and it is my hand, mammaws and Ben's. I remember she was in bed at Eiffel Gardens when we went in to visit and to take the picture. We just got around her and laid our hands on her comforter to take the picture....because she was so weak at that time. I explained what it was for and she smiled and she said she thought that was a neat idea. Now I really cherish this picture. As it shows her in her last days and her loving hands that loved me and so many others for so long.
Thanks everyone for sending a card or those that brought a meal to us....I really appreciate it and I have been so overwhelmd by the love shown me-I have the greatest friends! :) I am doing OK, I am getting through this and maybe as God intended I am relying on Him more through these days and that is a good thing.

0 comments:

Labels

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP